Detroit Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Detroit Urban Adventures offers two great Detroit tours to see and experience Detroit in just a couple of hours.
There are so many things to see and do in Detroit. Some of our area's attractions are the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Motown Museum, the Museum of African American History, the Detroit Zoo, Belle Isle Park, and the Henry Ford Museum. Catch the shows at the Fox Theater, the Fisher Theater and other venues, and performances at Orchestra Hall, Music Hall, the Detroit Opera House, DTE Energy Music Theater, Meadowbrook, and the Palace of Auburn Hills.
Detroit is a fascinating city -- and Detroit Urban Adventures offers two great Detroit city tours that enable you to see and experience Detroit in just a couple of hours.
from 5 reviews
From USD 28.00
Don't even think about leaving Detroit without seeing the real Detroit! Join this locally-led Detroit tour to ride the city's 'People Mover' through baklava-laden Greektown, sculpture-dotted Civic Center, and hotdog heaven at Lafayette Coney Island. This is the D You Must See!more...
Detroit's Rise, Fall & Renewal
from 23 reviews
From USD 28.00
Detroit may have filed for bankruptcy but it's still a city rich in history, architecture, and innovation. See which buildings have been restored and which await renewal on this Detroit tour led by a passionate and proud local.more...
Corktown is Popping! From USD 28.00
Discover what makes Corktown pop on this epic tour chocked full of the best historic landmarks and local haunts. Explore the diverse sites of this Irish enclave, from the awesome modern-era “ruins” of Michigan Central Station to the colorful Victorian homes, and learn why everyone is coming to Corktown these days. Along the way, find out where to go for some of Detroit’s best brews, BBQs, burgers, bagels, and more!more...
A Sense of History
more... more stories...
28 Apr 2015 I took two Detroit tours and they were both excellent. My guide was very knowledgeable and passionate about his city. I said I would be in touch with him about going on the Corktown tour as well. I couldn't have asked for a better way to get to know Detroit.
05 Mar 2015 Our tour guide was great. He had a deep knowledge of the city, showed us the historic sites and buildings in a thoughtful way, and gave us an insider's view of this wonderful city.
30 Aug 2014 Very interesting tour! Thanks, Bob!
26 Aug 2014 Bob was a fantastic guide. He is proud of his city and it shows. I have no connection to Detroit but have been fascinated by this great city for a few years now. It was a great experience to see Detroit through the eyes of a proud citizen. Thanks for a great experience.
08 Jul 2014 Bob is the best! We had a wonderful experience. Bob gave us an enthousiastic look of Detroit and changed our perception of the city.
25 Mar 2014 Bob Goldsmith was a wonderful representative to promote the city of Detroit. He was professional, knowledgeable, considerate. We couldn't have asked for a better tour. Thank you. Betty and Gus Ziegler
20 Nov 2013 Bob was entusiastic and knowledgeable - we enjoyed our time with him.
21 Sep 2013 Bob gave a great tour.
15 Aug 2013 Bob is an excellent tour guide -- he is extremely knowledgeable and shared his excitement and enthusiasm for living and working in Detroit. We returned from Detroit with a sense that its renewal will be based on the human capital of those like Bob. Thank you again!
08 Jun 2013 Bob was a knowledgable and friendly guide. The tour showed Detroit in a much more positive sense than what is portrayed through the media. I will be recommending the tour to my friends.
Detroit Urban Adventures offers ways to get a fast, friendly and fascinating look at downtown Detroit with Bob Goldsmith and his team. Through these unique Detroit day tours, get to know the city -- where there is more than 300 years of history, marvelous 1920s skyscrapers, concert halls, casinos and so much more.
Hello from Bob Goldsmith -- our partner and tour guide in Detroit
Feels like: 13°C
Sunny. Refreshingly cool.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.